We are still requiring that all in-shop visitors wear a mask or face covering and appreciate your understanding.
Welcome to Cowgirl Yarn located in historic, downtown Laramie, Wyoming. Cowgirl Yarn is the place for fiber lovers! At Cowgirl Yarn, all are welcome. We create personalized experiences for knitters, crocheters, spinners, weavers, and fiber lovers everywhere, whether in-person or online. We have the largest selection of Wyoming-made yarn and fiber, as well as many of your favorite yarn brands, tools and notions, books, patterns, and unique accessories and gifts.
During the Hot August Knits Yarn Crawl, we’ll be open:
Tuesday – Friday: 10:30 – 6
Saturday: 10 – 5
Monday: August 2 3 – 6 pm (this is the only Monday during the crawl we will be open)
Sunday: August 8 1-4 (this is the only Sunday during the crawl that we will be open)
We’ll also be open during the following special hours:
Monday, August 2nd: 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Sunday, August 8th: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Please join us for the following special events:
- July 31st–August 14th: Atenti bags trunk show in the shop.
- July 31st–August 14th: Western Sky Knits trunk show in the shop.
- August 2nd: Special hours. We will be open from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. This is the only Monday during the crawl that we will be open.
- August 3rd at 11:00 am (MST): Live Zoom with Atenti Bags. Check out their latest designs and fabric! Throughout the crawl, we will be taking special orders and have samples of their bags in the shop, too!
- August 4th, 12:00 pm (MST): Live fiber demonstration in the store and streamed on Facebook Live.
- August 5th, 10:00 am (MST): Facebook Live event with Iris Schriener of ArtYarns. Iris will lead a virtual tour of the New York dyehouse where all of the hand-dyeing takes place. She will also show off some of her new colorways, which Cowgirl Yarn currently has in the shop, and maybe some new Fall colorways and surprises.
- August 7th, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (MST): Pop Up Shop with Athena Spinning Wheels plus Facebook Live events throughout the day. Athena Spinning Wheels will be set up on the back patio (weather permitting) or in the Fernwood Studio, and they will demo their unique, hand-crafted wheels, which are made right here in Wyoming.
- August 8th, 1:00 to 4:00 pm (MST): Special hours. Cowgirl Yarn and Ewe Count will both be open from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. This is the only Sunday during the crawl that Cowgirl Yarn will be open.
- August 10th, 12:00 pm (MST): Live fiber demonstration in the store and streamed on Facebook Live.
- August 12th–August 14th: Em Lyn Knits trunk show in the Fernwood Studio. We’ll also post a video walk-through of the trunk show on Facebook.
- August 12th, 5:00 pm (MST): Facebook Live event with LoraJean of Knitted Wit. LoraJean will share the inspiration behind HerStory and National Parks yarns, as well as information about their upcoming Holiday Advent project.
- August 13th, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (MST): Monica Wesley, the designer behind Em Lyn Knits, will be in the shop to talk about her knitwear designs and the inspirations behind them.
- August 13th, 5:00 pm (MST): Facebook Live event with Lori Kirk who will lead a virtual tour of the shop and the Fernwood Studio.
See the Cowgirl Yarn site for information on shop hours, products, and more.